Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

In the beginning...

Namaste!

I've had this blog a while. I started it thinking that some of my insights could be helpful to others along their spiritual journey, as I've been told by my friends and other people who's lives I've touched. However, whenever I sat to write something the inspiration simply didn't flow. And perhaps for good cause, since only recently do I truly feel I've reached a deeper state within myself. A state beyond being clever, a state of blossoming wisdom perhaps.

I am not a Swami, or any other formal designation. I am me, and I go by Abhishekam which is the name given me by a Swami Ramananda whom I have great doubts concerning his integrity. But I like the name, so I'm keeping it. It means 'the act of pouring ritual offerings.' I have however contemplated becoming a forest hermit. I am not enlightened, or perfect, but like you are a sadhaka... a traveler through this world. Lord Shiva is my preferred deity who receives my devotions primarily. I follow the thought of the Advaita Vedanta, particularly as propounded by Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa of Bengal and his chief disciple Swami Vivekananda.

I originally meant for this blog to be more topical, however it doesn't look that was ever the right format. So instead, as I move into a new stage of my life and spiritual awakening, I simply invite you to walk with me. I care about this world, and the people in it and hope that as we make this journey somebody will find these ramblings of mine useful.

Welcome to Shpongleland :)
Om namah Shivaaya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments and discussion civil. If you argue about a point, please be sure to research your claim.